Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Y.A. Tuesday: "Fire and Bone" by Rachel A. Marks

Series: Otherborn Legacy Novels , Book 1.
Genre:  Young Adult, Teens, Paranormal, Romance, Myths, Legends, Fantasy. 412 pages.
Price: $4.99 ebook (at time of post)
[Price I Paid:  $4.99 on June 20, 2018]
Publisher & Date: Skyscape (February 20, 2018)
Listed Rating:📔📔📔📔 . 6 
Book Link: Click Here
My Rating:📔📔📔📔📔
My Thoughts: Fairies and Fae Folk in LA Glamor.
          Now I haven’t ever been into fairies and pixies, at least not the Disney cute bratty kind. However, author Rachel Marks version of the fae folk makes me want to say ‘I do believe in fairies, I do, I do believe in fairies!’ Starting with a hidden princess, forbidden love, leading to questions after questions of who can you trust, and ending in a majestic Fae ceremony. This is a story that is fascinating and a great first book to an awesome series in a lore filled world.
           Trying to survive on the streets of Los Angeles, recently turned eighteen year old Sage, knows trust is something not given lightly. But when her and a friend are invited to a party by a friend, Sage reluctantly agrees to go lured by the knowledge of food and a chance for a shower. But everything changes for Sage at that party when after a series of events it is revealed to her that she is not some unwanted street kid, but is the hidden daughter of a powerful Celtic goddess and her powers are awakening. Entering this new world of Fae brings Sage a gorgeous mercurial protector, faefolk with ulterior motives, and the chance to choose what demigod she’ll serve with her life and powers. 
          Overall, I freakin loved this book because I’m a huge fan of the show ‘Lost Girl’ and this was like the YA set in Los Angeles version of that awesome show. Sage accidentally finds herself to be the hottest commodity in the Fae world and she never  even knew her real heritage. Sage is a fierce heroine despite everyone keeping secrets from, but she comes to her own conclusions with the help of some friends, visions and her gut instinct. Oh and Faelan, Sage’s protector-guide, is infuriatingly charming, he does his duty but obviously has the hots for Sage and I’m not sure how they’ll work it out with his celibacy vow. I can’t wait from more of this series to see what will happen with Sage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment