Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"N.A. Tuesday": Promise (Soul Savers Book 1) by Kristie Cook

Genre: New Adult, SciFi, Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, 369 pages.
Price: $0 FREE (at time of post)
*$12.93 paperback
Publisher & Date: Ang'dora Productions, LLC. August 7, 2011
Book Link: Click Here
Listed Rating: ðŸ“”📔📔📔 .3
Price I Paid: $0 (got it FREE on November 1, 2012)
My Rating: ðŸ“”📔📔📔📔

My Thoughts: The Promise of An Amazing Series!

       Seriously L-O-V-E this series. I couldn't believe I had put off reading this gem of a book for sooo long, but there it sat patiently waiting in my ever growing elibrary for the day I'd choose to read it. So it happened back in November 27, 2013 that I was bored, started swiping through my kindle while waiting to take our family Christmas photos (my mother's tradition that must be done every year) and lo and behold there it was, first I was intrigued by the cover, second the book description. I opened it, began reading and was immediately enthralled by the story and characters to the very end.
       In fact, I was so into the book that I even snatched up the next 3 books in the series, because by the time I read this book, 3 more in the series were out. Well there went my schoolwork for the week! Cause I read book after book and finished them up in 4 days time. Now I'm a huge fan and have been patiently, and at other times impatiently, awaiting the release of each new book in the series. The last and final book, Faith, is set to come out Feb 16th, Can't wait! Okay so now that's I've fangirled enough let me explain why the series and book is awesome.
       In the simplest way the series is basically Good vs. Evil with a new twist. It's Angels and Demons, but with a contemporary paranormal twist that just makes your mind go "Wow that's new!" Alexis is the protagonist in the series is a 19 year old girl in Promise, she knows her mom and herself are different, but her mom, Sophia, won't explain till she goes through the change, or Ang'dora, Alexis begins college and tries to begin her life as any normal freshman might, but things aren't normal for her even when she meets a beautiful swoon worthy man named Tristan Knight. Their relationship is something I won't spoil but it's one for the ages that's for sure, okay so maybe that was a bit of a spoiler, but that's all your getting from me. 
      Overall the advice I'd give any potential reader of this book, and subsequently this series, is you must read Promise to fall for the series. Then you will need to endure Purpose (Book 2), get renewed in hope for the characters and series in Devotion (Book 3) and be prepared to be amazed by everything in Power (Book 4). Then make sure to grab onto your kindle and a box of tissues when you read Wrath and Torment (Books 5 and 6) and then wait, or by the time your read this buy, Book 7, Faith. Soul Savers is just too good that after reading the books you just cant help but become a fan. So hopefully more fans will come from reading Promise as this series truly is unique and captivating.
           


No comments:

Post a Comment