Friday, January 30, 2015

"Friday Favs": Snake Eyes (The Mask Series Book 3) by Melissa Pearl

Genre: Y.A. Romance, Mystery, Thriller & Suspense. 248 pages
Price: $2.99 ebook, (at time of post)
Publisher & Date: Evatopia Press. January 29, 2015
Book Link: Click Here
Listed Rating: ***NEW RELEASE***
Price I Paid: $2.99,  FYI I love any book by this author
My Rating: πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“”πŸ“–

My Thoughts: The Curse of Using Her Gifted Eyes 

       Caity and Eric are just trying to get back to a "normal" life after Two Faced, where she became involved in the whole drug doping gambling Professor Hoffman fiscal with the FBI. However their social, school and relationships peace does not last long. Now while Eric would rather Caity never involve her self in any more dangerous situations, other forces may not let her go or give her the option. Caity is gifted and it's those gifts that may also be her curse that may be her breaking point and all her relationships too. Danger never seems to stay far away from her and how can Caity justify turning a blind eye to things when she has a gift that can help?
       I enjoyed this book but it was just really hard to watch Caity get pushed into a difficult situation and have her hands tied, again. Obviously she wasn't allowed to give away certain things when put into a situation, but with Eric's trust issues, it's obvious how bumpy this book was going to turn out. Eric tried making their relationship more and scored brownies points in this book, but I kept wanting him to trust Caity more even if things seemed sketch. He should know her enough by now to know when she's playing a part and not being herself. Even Dale trusted Caity more in this book than Eric did. Oh, and poor Nicole, Caity's roommate and BFF, was a bit sidelined in the story, but she is awesome when it counts. Plus I still absolutely love how Dale and Nicole are integrated in this series.
       Overall, I liked the book but I'm extremely excited to get the last book as the ending should be epic! This books ending is a cliffhanger, but Melissa has graciously planned it out, so her readers won't be left hanging for long. Which is good, because phew! there are some things in this book that will make you cry, so keep some tissues handy if you are anything like me. And be prepared to be a bit caught up in the book, so I suggest placing a "Do Not Disturb" sign till you finish the book. Caity and Eric have to be together that's all I must say, but I'm sure Melissa won't disappoint her readers as she hasn't yet, in my humble fan biased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment