Thursday, September 24, 2015

"Romance Thursday": Let Me Fly (Learning to Let Go Book 1) by Hazel St James

Genre: Contemporary Romance. 133 pages.
Price: $2.99 ebook (at time of post)
Publisher & Date: Cate Publishing. December 17, 2012.
Book Link: Click Here
Listed Rating: ðŸ“”📔📔📔 . 1 
Price I Paid: $0 (got it FREE on June 2, 2013)
My Rating:  ðŸ“”📔  

My Thoughts: Story Has Sex With Light BDSM

     For a book with sex involving light BDSM this was certainly a strange read for me. I'm not one for that type of genre and definitely wasn't looking to read a book like it, but the story was free at the time, so I grabbed it and saved it for a dull day. Sadly this book was nothing I'd read again or really recommend.
     Trying to reclaim her life Bryn Lonneman, has her mindset on making the long journey to Sturgis with her motorcycle family. Problem is she has panic attacks basically every time she rides one especially when she rides with someone. Bryn has a dysfunctional family life, her issues began the day her dad passed. Since then things have only gotten worse including the day she was attacked. After that she hasn't felt safe except with Dr. Charlie Glynn, whom she can't seem to help follow orders from. Charlie explains to Bryn that she's a sub and isn't shy about showing her what that entails. Though it becomes clear that if they are to have any shot at a real relationship Bryn will need to get help or else what they have may not last.
     Overall, not my thing. Though thankful it wasn't hardcore BDSM or I'd have just stopped. Reasons I kept reading till the end, there was a story and the characters weren't dull. Bryn was feisty and ready to take back her life, it's only when she got with Charlie she changed. Luckily this author read my mind and had Bryn get real help, as in professional, rather than some authors fictional belief sex heals all. Only thing was the sex got weird and the phrases yelled out in the middle of the sex were kind of funny, probably only to me because I love that YouTube video, Charlie bit my finger, so every time Bryn would scream, "Ouch Charlie!" I'd just hear a little British boy voice. So if you're looking for a light BDSM book with sex, motorcycles, sex on motorcycles and don't know that YouTube video, you could try the book but for me this is a nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment