Thursday, December 31, 2015

Favorite Series Completed In 2015

2015 Bookcase
     This past year of 2015 was an interesting for me. It started off full of promise as I endeavored to begin this new chapter life by finally starting the blog I had been thinking about for years, but never had time for since college had held my attention. So January 2015 came and I began the endeavor of blogging. 
     Then February came and my life took a turn, at the end of the month I got into a car accident and ended up on disability leave where sat at home with nothing to do, because even reading was to strenuous for my concussion. It took me almost a month before I could get back into things like watching fast paced movies or reading books or looking at computers. Sounds fun huh? 
    Anyways all that to say I find that you really take for grant the little things in life until they're gone. Like who knew I'd be so excited by the fact I could sit through a whole Fast and Furious movie without thinking my head would exploded, I never thought twice about sitting in front of a computer for too long until my accident, but now I'm grateful for it all!
    I'm especially grateful for all the amazing books that came out over this past year and I'm even more thankful for the books that were released which finished off a series. Those kinds of books are always bittersweet because you anticipate them for sooo long but when your done with them you realize the sad fact that your beloved series is .  . .*sniffle . .over! But alas all good things must come to end, or else how can we cherish them if not for their beginning and subsequently their unforgettable ending.
******************************************************
Soul Saver Series
Series Purchase Link: Box Set #1  and Box Set #2 
This series had come to an end this year and Oh boy what and ending to a series it was. BUT Soul Saver author Kristie Cook threw fans a curve ball by releasing news in the form of new covers and revised books. The series recently received a makeover and will continue with more this coming year. So the old has become new and I definitely can't wait for more Soul Savers in 2016.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Masks Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here
Spanning 2 years from the first books release, this series was completed this year. I loved every intense minute of Caity and Eric's story. Now I can only hope for more of them later down the line IF author Melissa Pearl deems it so. If not at least I know they have a HEA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Playing for Keeps Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here
The first two books are related and about the same main characters. The 3rd and 4th books are about secondary characters from the previous books, but follow their own stories that thanks to author, Amber Garza, will hit you in the heart and make you remember to thank God for those in your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Seeker Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here

Found this series via a book tour and couldn't be happier for such a fun find. Author Amy Reece has created a true contemporary heroine named Ally Moran, who is smart, witty, powerful and not afraid of her flaws or unknown future. Definitely a series I've shared with more than a few friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Snow White Trilogy
Series Purchase Link: Click Here

A bit off the indie YA traditional sort of books, this series is unique in: writing style, plot, setting and characters. I loved finding the first book and reading the rest in the series. The author, Salla Simukka, had her books translated from her native tongue of Swedish. So the style may seems strange at first but will become a welcome change of pace, especially for a mystery with a sleuth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Gilded Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here
The last book Brazen, was definitely a book I was dying to read. Especially after how Silvern left me feeling, I needed a good ending or I'd be crushed. Have no fear author, Christina Farley, does right by her readers and leads her strong heroine Jae Hwa Lee through high stakes to get her HEA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Chronicles of Izzy
Series Collection Link: Click Here

The whole collection of the Chronicles of Izzy were released prior to 2015. However author, Michelle Graves, compiled all the prequels, books and novellas into one collection for readers enjoyment. Warning this compilation is epic and tear jerking and will make you want to share with others so they can share in your pain and joy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blood and Bone Trilogy
Series Purchase Link: Click Here

Read the first version which the author, Tara Brown, released on her own then she re-released via a publisher. This series is in a phrase Cray-Cray! Nough said. Truly you'll have to read it yourself to believe you just read such a crazy series and you'll quickly want to talk to everyone about it.(trust me)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hashtag Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here

In a nutshell the series is multiple books with a couple characters who become couples. But it's all the drama in between that author Cambria Hebert truly captures a reader and takes them through the characters lives. The book #<3 really pulls all the characters together and gives you the feels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucky Clover Romance Series
Box Set Collection Link: Click Here

Released in short books that more like episodes, a reader is taken into the mysteries and danger surrounding Lucky Clover Green's life. Author RaShelle Workman keeps readers going from one suspect to another with Lucky; In the end you hope she get her man and a HEA after all the crap she's been through.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Kathleen Turner Series
Series Purchase Link: Click Here

All main 5 books in the series had been released prior to this year, but later on author Tiffany Snow released 2 companion novels to complete the series. Definitely one of my favorite series, which I've read multiple times. The companion novels help flush out the series in giving readers a taste of the male leads thoughts during a novel as well as scenes into their pasts. Just thinking about these characters and series makes me want to re-read them again. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment